|Version 13 (modified by melo, 5 years ago)|
Welcome to the SAPO Messenger project
SAPO Messenger for Mac is a free Jabber/XMPP client for the Mac OS X platform, developed at SAPO and released under a GNU GPL2 license.
We are getting ready to release a 1.0RC1 version ( list of open tickets). You can follow the latest releases in two ways:
- download the latest version, SAPO Messenger Mac (build 741), released 2008/03/18. It uses the Sparkle framework to keep you up-to-date;
- subscribe the builds feed, or in the Preferences window of the client, in the General tab, choose Auto-Update as Nightly Builds.
The current builds have been stable for day-to-day use for some months now.
Major features include:
- XMPP-compliant client, based on the robust Psi core;
- clean Mac OS X experience;
- multi-contact support;
- WebKit-based chat windows;
- Standards-based file transfer;
- Uniform roster across multiple accounts, with filtering search of contacts;
- Message center to manage offline messages and headline-type messages;
- Support for MSN transport on any account;
- SMS integration (requires SAPO account);
- Growl support;
- Sparkle-based updates.
Look at the timeline to see what we are working on.