Welcome to the SAPO Messenger project
SAPO Messenger for Mac is a free Jabber/XMPP client for the Mac OS X platform, developed at SAPO and released under a GNU GPL2 license.
Version v1.0 was just released!, get it here.
Next stop, v1.1 (list of open tickets).
You can follow the latest releases in two ways:
- download the latest nightly build of SAPO Messenger Mac. It uses the Sparkle framework to keep you up-to-date;
- subscribe to the nightly builds feed or select "Nightly Builds" in the "Auto-Update" menu that is available in the "General" pane of the application Preferences window.
The current builds have been stable for day-to-day use for some months now.
Major features include:
- XMPP-compliant client, based on the robust Psi core;
- clean Mac OS X experience;
- multi-contact support;
- WebKit-based chat windows;
- Standards-based file transfer;
- Uniform roster across multiple accounts, with filtering search of contacts;
- Message center to manage offline messages and headline-type messages;
- Support for MSN transport on any account;
- SMS integration (requires SAPO account);
- Growl support;
- Sparkle-based updates.
Look at the timeline to see what we are working on.